Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 10 am - 7 pm
Saturday 9 am - 3 pm
Professional teeth cleanings are generally scheduled two times a year, while X-rays are normally done only once a year.
A basic dental teeth cleaning is a simple and painless process most of the time. It generally doesn’t take more than 30-45 minutes.
These are the steps to getting your teeth professionally cleaned by one of our dental hygienists.
- We start with a physical exam of your entire mouth. The dental hygienist checks around your teeth and gums for any signs of gingivitis (inflamed gums) or other potential concerns with a small mirror.
Removing Plaque and Tartar
- The dental hygienist then uses a scaler to get rid of plaque and tartar around your gum line, as well as in between your teeth. It is normal to hear a bit of scraping. Brushing and flossing stops plaque from building up and hardening into tartar. Tartar can only be properly removed at your dentist office.
Gritty Toothpaste Cleaning
- Next, we brush your teeth with a high-powered electric brush. This is a great way to get a deep clean and remove any tartar left behind from the scaler.
- Nothing beats an expert flossing session. Your dental hygienist can get deep between your teeth and locate any potential trouble spots where you might bleed at the gums.
- You will then rinse out your mouth to get rid of any debris.
Applying Fluoride Treatment
- The last step of the cleaning process is usually a fluoride treatment. This treatment is used as a protectant for your teeth to help fight against cavities until your next visit.
We Have 2 Offices - Arlington and South Fort Worth. Our Contact and Appointment Form is below.
ARLINGTON DENTIST OFFICE
1600 E Abram St, #100
Arlington, TX 76010-7252
FORT WORTH DENTIST OFFICE
6443 McCart Avenue,
Fort Worth, TX 76133-4702